Ham and Cheese Cornbread Supreme
- 3 slices thick bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 (6 oz) pkg buttermilk cornbread mix
- 6 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups fully cooked cubed ham, 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
Heat oven to 375*.
Cook bacon until crisp. Place on paper towel. Cool and crumble.
Reserve 1 tbsp bacon drippings from skillet. Wipe skillet clean with paper towel. Return reserved drippings to skillet. Place in oven to heat.
Beat eggs in large bowl. Add milk, butter, cornbread mix and hot pepper sauce, stirring until blended. Stir in onion, broccoli ham and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Carefully remove hot skillet. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over cornbread.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until set and golden brown. Let rest 5-10 minutes in skillet on cooling rack.
Sprinkle with bacon and parsley, cut into wedges and serve.