- 1 1/2 pounds hot turkey sausage
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
Grill or fry sausage until almost cooked through. Drain and set aside. When cooled, cut into bite-size pieces.
In a large skillet combine the celery, onion, bell pepper, garlic, tomatoes, broth, rice, bay leaf and seasoning. Mix well and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
Reduce heat to medium low and add sausage. Cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 40 to 45 minutes.
I recently added shrimp to this and used brown rice...very good