Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Really good. A little different with the curry and coconut milk. Carl even said it was good.
- 1 medium onions chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons red curry powder
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 1 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk (reduced fat)
- 1/2 cup half and half or light cream
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Adapted from recipe.com
1. In a large saucepan cook onion in hot butter over medium heat about 10 minutes or until tender and translucent. Stir in curry powder, ginger, and salt. Cook 30 seconds more.
2. Stir in chicken broth and water; bring to boiling. Add squash. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 40 minutes or until squash is tender.
3. Cool soup slightly. Transfer half the soup at a time to a blender or food processor. Blend or process until smooth. Return all soup to saucepan. Stir in coconut milk, half-and-half, and chopped cilantro. Heat through. Top with fresh cilantro.
You'll also love
- duchess potatoes 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Picnic Pasta Salad 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- BANANA PUDDING FROM SCRATCH 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Oven Baked Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Crock Pot - Pumpkin Cheesecake 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Strawberry Lemonade Cookies 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Banana Walnut Bread 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Potato, Green Cabbage, and Leek... 4.7/5 (20 Votes)