Pomegranate Vegetable Pork Stew
Tastes like Fall :)...the gravy in the stew is gluten-free!
- 1 1/4 pound pork loin
- 3/4 cup pomegranate honest tea
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- a dash of pepper
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP Red wine/Olive Oil dressing
- 1 TBSP honey
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 1/4 cup crimini mushroom slices
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 3/4 cups gluten-free, organic chicken broth
- 3 TBSP brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup pomegranate tea (or juice)
- salt and pepper, for final seasoning
For the marinade:
Cut up pork loin into cubes, set aside.
In a medium sized bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients (pomegranate tea, ginger, bay leaves, thyme, garlic salt, pepper, olive oil, red wine dressing, and honey). Leave pork to marinade for an hour or two in the refrigerator.
Preparing the stew:
Chop vegetables: Slice carrots and celery, finely chop the sweet onion and bell pepper, cut sweet potato into cubes, slice crimini mushrooms. (Keep the carrots and sweet potato in one bowl. Celery and mushrooms in another. Put onion and bell pepper in a large sauce pan.)
Sautee onion and bell pepper in 1-2 TBSP olive oil on medium/high until the onion is translucent. Add oregano, parsley, 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
Remove marinated meat from refrigerator. Add it to the pan with the onion and bell pepper WITHOUT the marinade. Leave the marinade in the bowl.
In a separate sauce pan, add the marinade. To the marinade in the pan, add the 3 tbsp of flour, and 3/4 cup chicken broth. Then bring to a low boil while constantly stirring. (Add the flour when it's still cool otherwise it will become lumpy.)
Cook the onion/bell pepper with the pork on high with the sweet potato and carrots until pork is lightly cooked on the outside. Then add the marinade (combined with flour and broth) to the pork.
Cook pork/sweet potato/carrots on a low simmer for about 45 minutes, until pork is cooked and sweet potato/carrots are somewhat soft.
After the 45 minutes, add mushrooms and celery. Add 1/4 tsp more chili powder. Stir. Add 1/4 cup more pomegranate tea then stir again. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and allow the stew to simmer for about 15 more minutes.
You'll also love
- Baked Potato Soup in a Slow Cooker 4.5/5 (494 Votes)
- Consommé Madrilène (Chilled... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- VANISHING OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Pork Chops with Dijon/Leek... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BLUEBERRY CREAM PIE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Chicken Breasts With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Date Rice Krispies Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin Tips... 5/5 (1 Votes)