Skinny Chicken Cordon Bleu
Per Serving (1 stuffed chicken breast):
Vitamin A: 0%
Vitamin C: 0%
WWP+: 7 points
- 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 4 reduced-sodium ham slices (I used Boar's Head low sodium brand)
- 4 reduced-fat Swiss cheese slices
- 2/3 tsp salt
- 2/3 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 tsp garlic powder
- 2/3 tsp onion powder
- 4 egg whites
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from skinnymom.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
3. Wash and trim fat off of chicken breasts. Using a knife,slice
each chicken breast length wise to make 2 equal sized chicken
cutlets. (The thin cutlets are easier to roll.)
4. In a medium size dish, mix whole wheat breadcrumbs, salt, pepper,
onion powder and garlic powder.
5. Pour egg whites in a separate medium size dish.
6. Cut ham slices length wise to make 6 equal ham slices.
7. Cut Swiss cheese length wise to make 6 equal cheese slices.
8. Place one slice of ham on chicken cutlet followed by one slice of
9. Starting at the top of the cutlet, tightly roll each cutlet and
secure with 1-2 toothpicks.
10. Brush rolled chicken cutlet with egg white mixture and then dip
rolled chicken cutlet into breadcrumb mixture to cover
completely. Place chicken cutlet on parchment paper lined
sheet seem side down.
11. Repeat with remaining chicken cutlets.
12. Bake chicken cutlets in oven for 20-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.