Garlic Cheese Biscuits
Cheese garlic biscuits like those served at a certain famous seafood restaurant.
- Original recipe makes 1 dozen
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- For the Topping:2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, divided1/2 teaspoon garlic powder1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
Directions Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of flour mixture. Add the milk and cheddar cheese; stir to combine. Drop batter by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. While the biscuits are in the oven, stir together the 2 tablespoons melted butter, garlic powder and parsley. Remove the biscuits from the oven and immediately brush with the topping mixture. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container or zip-top back at room temperature for up to 3 days.