Polenta Sausage Bake
- 24 ounces prepared polenta, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound sweet or hot Italian pork sausage, casing removed
- 1 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce or Roasted Garlic & Herb Italian Sauce
- 6 ounces shredded fontina or mozzarella cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from campbellskitchen.com
Heat the oven to 400°F. Arrange the polenta slices to cover the bottom of a 3-quart shallow baking dish, trimming the slices as needed to fit. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
Cook the sausage in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned, stirring often to break up the meat. Remove the sausage from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
Add the zucchini to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes or until it's tender. Stir in the sauce and heat to a boil. Return the sausage to the skillet. Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Spoon the sausage mixture over the polenta. Top with the fontina cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes or until hot and the cheese is melted.