Hot Cheesy Mushroom Dip
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 lb mushroom, cleaned and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine or 1/4 cup broth
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan.
Add the onion and cook until it starts to caramelize, about 20 minutes.
Add the mushrooms and sauté until they start to caramelize, about 20 minutes.
Add the garlic and thyme and sauté until fragrant, about a minute.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add the wine, deglazed the pan and cook until it has evaporated.
Puree 1/2 of the mushrooms in a food processor.
Mix the mushrooms, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella and parmigiano reggiano and place in a baking dish.