Jimmy Buffett's Jammin’ Jambalaya - Margaritaville Orlando
You're gonna love this recipe. Jimmy's Jammin' Jambalaya Cajun rice loaded with shrimp, chicken and Andouille sausage simmered in a spicy broth, enjoy!
- Blended Oil* 2 ounces
- Red Onion 4 ounces, diced
- Red bell pepper 4 ounces, diced
- Celery 4 ounces, diced
- 41/50 sized shrimp 6 ounces
- Jambalaya Base (see recipe) 1 batch
- Chicken Stock 4 ounces
- Cooked White Rice (heated) 16 ounces
- 2 teaspoons chive
- Margaritaville uses a blended oil that is 80% vegetable/soybean oil and 20% olive oil.
- JAMBALAYA BASE:
- 1 pound Andouille Sausage, ground
- 1/4 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 ounces Blended Oil*
- 1 pound yellow onion, diced 1/4"
- 1/2 pound celery, diced 1⁄4”
- 1/2 pound green peppers, diced 1⁄4”
- 1 2/3 tablespoons garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1 2⁄3 ounces chicken base
- 3 ⁄4 ounce vegetable base
- 2 teaspoons thyme, dried
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/3 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 ounces flour
- 1 2/3 cup water
- Diced Tomato (drained)
- 1 1⁄4 cup Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 ⁄3 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1⁄2 pounds raw chicken breast, diced 1"
Adapted from baynews9.com
Heat sauté pan then add blended oil and vegetables.
Add shrimp and sauté until shrimp are cooked halfway (shrimp should no longer be translucent).
Add chicken stock and sauté for an additional 30 seconds.
Add jambalaya base and bring to a simmer.
Add heated cooked rice and bring to an internal temperature of 165° Fahrenheit.
Mound jambalaya in the center of your bowl.
Sprinkle with chives.
Sauté smoked and Andouille sausage in olive oil until heated.
Remove sausages while leaving oil behind.
Add onions, celery, and green peppers to tilt skillet and sauté until tender.
Add garlic, chicken base, and vegetable base. Cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in all dry spices.
Add flour to thicken.
Whisk in water slowly, making a smooth mixture.
Add all remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil and simmer 20 minutes. Temperature must reach 165° Fahrenheit.