- 8 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 % milk or reduced-fat plain yogurt
In a large bowl, combine the oats, raisins, apricots and cranberries; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, water and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until brown sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in maple flavoring and vanilla. Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat.
Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until crisp, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Serve with milk or yogurt. Yield: 9 cups.