Apple Pudding Cake with Cinnamon-Butter Sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped peeled or unpeeled cooking apples (2 medium)
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening.
2. In large bowl, mix brown sugar and softened butter with spoon until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Stir in flour, baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, the nutmeg and salt. Stir in apples. Spread batter in pan.
3. Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat sauce ingredients over medium heat, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and sauce is hot. Serve warm sauce over warm cake.