Puff Pastry Tuna Melt (goes w/ roasted corn soup)
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) albacore tuna packed in water, well-drained and broken up with a fork
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sheet puff-pastry dough
In a large bowl, thoroughly blend the tuna, mayonnaise, cheeses and pepper. Use a rolling pin to shape puff-pastry sheet into a rectangle 10 by 14 inches.
Place the dough so that one of the 14-inch sides runs parallel to the edge of the counter in front of you. Spread the tuna on center of the pastry, leaving an empty 1 1/2-inch border on the long sides and a 2-inch border on the short sides.
Pick up the end of the dough and carefully form it into a roll by rolling it away from you. Just before you reach the end, brush a little water along the uncovered long edge, and continue to roll.
When you reach the end, make sure that the seam side is down. Fold the ends over, and use a fork to crimp-close them to prevent the filling from leaking out while cooking.
Place seam-side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes, or in freezer for 15 minutes. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Bake until golden brown, 18 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a rack for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)