Homemade Garlic Hummus
We love hummus in our house, the more garlic the better! We, use it as a dip for vegetables, as a filling for lunch sandwiches, to make tea party sandwiches, or on top of a salad....
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 2 - 3 large gloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (plus more for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
In bowl of food processor, pulse garlic cloves 2 - 3 times until chopped. Add chickpeas to bowl and process until size of large crumbs. Add all of the other ingredients through white pepper to bowl; process approximately 30 seconds until incorporated. Slowly drizzle olive oil through feed tube and process until creamy. Taste and add more salt or lemon juice as necessary. Finally, slowly add more olive oil, one teaspoon at a time, if you'd like it to be more creamy.
Spread hummus in a shallow bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Add a few shakes of paprika for color.