Stuffed Pepper Soup
- You will need :
- 3 cups of brown rice OR you can do what I do and use the Cauli-Rice Recipe below if you are following Low Carb or Paleo
- 1 lb ground beef.. lean as you can find
- 1/2 cup of chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of red bell pepper
- 1 cup of finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped ( I use minced)
- 2 cans of petite diced tomatoes (14.5 oz ones)
- 1 (14 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
Adapted from facebook.com
In a large pan brown your hamburger..season with salt and drain if needed
Add peppers, onions and garlic.. Cook about 5 min. on low heat
Add Tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, marjoram and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and Simmer on low for 30 min.
Top with rice or cauli-rice
Here is the recipe for it
The Other night I was looking for something that would be low carb instead of rice.. so I got to thinking... Why not chop up some cauliflower and then cook it....WORKED Great and we actually Liked the taste better...
All was chop it in tiny pieces... added it to boiling water and cooked for approx. 6 min... Then I drained it really well with a strainer...