Apple Cranberry Spice Muffins
Apple cranberry spice muffins have a perfect blends of sweet, sour and spicy. Serve hot from the oven with some fresh butter - perfect for weekend brunch!
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large Granny Smith apple (or other tart variety), peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, 88816027, optional
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Heat the oven to 400°F. Grease the bottoms of 12 standard muffin cups.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, and sour cream until well blended. Add the egg mixture, apples, walnuts (if you're using them), and dried cranberries to the dry ingredients. Stir just until the batter is blended, then divide it among the muffin cups.
Bake the muffins for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes before removing them.
You'll also love
- Apple Stuffed Pork Chops 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic, Butternut Squash &... 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Apple and Rosemary Pork Roulade 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Creamed Corn Casserole 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Berry Breakfast Bake 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Cheddar and Spinach Quiche 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Healthy Hibiscus-Berry Gelatins 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Olive Pepperoni Snack Muffins 4.7/5 (19 Votes)