Tequila Lime Flank Steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped
- One 1 1/2-pound flank steak
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 flour tortillas
- Pico de Gallo or salsa
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
1. MAKE THE MARINADE In a large bowl combine the ingredients. Add the flank steak and toss to coat completely with the marinade. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning the meat after one hour.
2. MAKE THE FLANK STEAK 30 minutes before you are ready to cook, heat the grill. Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry with a paper towel. Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare doneness. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
3. Slice the steak against the grain into 1/4-inch thick diagonal strips. Serve rolled in warm tortillas with salsa, guacamole and cilantro.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (904 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (231 Votes)
- Mediterranean Lemon Chicken 4.4/5 (170 Votes)