Spicy Edamame with Lemon
This is a spicier version of the addicting soy bean appetizer you love at the best Japanese restaurants.
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more for boiling
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 lb frozen edamame, in the pod (green soy beans)
- 1 lemons, sliced into 8 wedges
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Heat the salt, chili powder, and pepper flakes in a small dry skillet set over medium heat, stirring until hot and aromatic, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar. Set aside.
Boil the edamame pods in salted water until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain in a colander and pat dry. Toss the edamame pods with the chili-salt and serve warm with lemon wedges to squeeze on top.