Penne gorgonzola with chicken
By Side Passion
- 1 package (16 oz) penne pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 C white wine
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 C chicken broth
- 2 C (8oz) crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 6-8 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese and minced fresh parsley
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium het, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine, stirring to loosen brown bits from pan.
Add cream and broth; cook until sauce is slightly thickened and chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the gorgonzola cheese, sage, salt and pepper; cook just until cheese is melted.
Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with parmigiano-reggiano cheese and parsley.