Hot Crab Dip with Crisp Pita Wedges
- (1) 12-oz pkg pita bread, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup parsley, minced
- 3 Tbsp Vera Jane's Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp green onions, minced
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup green onions, minced
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- (1) 8-oz bottle clam juice
- 1 cup half and half
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese, grated
- 2 tsp DLM Pure Horseradish
- 2 tsp DLM Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp DLM Cayenne Pepper
- 1 lb canned crab meat, liquid removed
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place pita wedges on baking sheet. Mix 1/4 cup parsley, oil, and 2 Tbsp green onions in small bowl; brush over pita wedges. Bake till crisp, about 20 minutes. Cool. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.)
Heat butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add in 3/4 cup green onions; sauté 2 minutes. Add in flour; whisk 1 minute. Gradually whisk in clam juice. Boil till mix thickens, stirring often, about 3 minutes. Whisk in half and half and bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to low. Add in both cream cheese and Swiss, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, and Cayenne pepper; stir till cheeses heat. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm over low heat, stirring constantly.)
Mix crab, remaining 1/2 cup parsley, and remaining 1/4 cup green onions into cheese and stir over medium-low heat, stirring constantly till hot.
Spoon crab dip into bowl. Set bowl in center of large platter. Surround with pita crisps.