Seared Pork Tortas
- 2 t olive
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1/4 t salt
- 6 boneless center-cut pork chops (1/4" thick)
- 1 baguette, cut in half horizontally
- 1/2 C pinto beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 T salsa
- 1/2 C shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 c thinly sliced onion
- 1 large tomatoe, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & thinly sliced
- 1/2 peeled avocado, sliced
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over med-hi heat. combine cumin & salt; sprinkle evenly over pork. Add pork to pan; cook 2 min on each side. Let stand 5 min; cut into thin slices. NOte: can also use leftover pork.
Hollow out top & bottom layers of bread, leaving 3/4" thick shell. Place
bread halves, cut sides up on baking sheet & broil for 2 min or til golden brown.
Place beans & salsa in small bowl; mash with fork til almost smooth. Spoon mixture into bottome half of baguette. Top with pork, cheese, onion, tomato, jalapeno, avocado & top half of baguette. Cut into 4 pieces.