Cold Creamy Crab Dip
- 2 small packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- hot sauce ( to taste and optional )
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika ( try 1/4 tsp smoked paprika instead )
- 1 envelope ranch dressing mix (.4 ounce)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 to 8 ounces crab meat, drained and chopped (fresh or canned)
- slivered almonds for garnish
- crackers of choice
Beat cream cheese with sour cream until well blended.
Blend in the green onion, hot sauce, paprika and dressing mix.
Stir in crab.
Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper, if desired.
Chill until serving time.
Garnish with almonds.
Serve with crackers.