Lemon Thyme Chicken
- 3 tbs. Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tbs. Margarine
- 3 tbs. Lemon Juice
- 4 Breasts Chicken
- 2 tbs. Oil
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme
- Lemon Wedges
1. In a plastic or paper bag combine the flour, salt and pepper and shake to mix. Add chicken and shake to coat lightly. Remove the chicken and reserve the excess seasoned flour.
2. In a large skillet, warm 1 tbs. oil over medium heat. Add chicken and brown on one side about 5 minutes longer.
3. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
4. Chop onion, and add margarine to the skillet. When margarine melts, add onion and cook stirring until softened for 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the reserved seasoned flour and cook, stirring until the flour is completely incorporated about 1 minute.
6. Add the broth, 2 tbs. of the lemon juice and the thyme and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
7. Return the chicken to the skillet, reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook until tender for about 5 minutes.
8. Divide chicken among 4 plates, stir remaining 1 tbs. lemon juice into the sauce in the skillet and pour over the chicken.