Hungarian Paprika Potato Soup
Imagine a trip to eastern Europe without leaving your kitchen! Your slow cooker will take you on a potato soup journey accented with paprika, dill and nutmeg.
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3 inch cubes
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon smoky paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup nonfat milk
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 300mins
Adapted from food.com
Place potatoes, broth, smoky paprika, hot paprika, celery seeds and salt in 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Stir to combine.
Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Transfer to cooker and cover.
Cook on low 4 to 6 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Stir to break up potatoes into broth for a slightly chunky consistency.
Add dill, nutmeg and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Stir in milk. Cover. Cook 20 to 30 more minutes, or until heated through.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Chicken Spinach & pepper... 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Traditional Pad Thai Noodles 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple and Caramel Bread Pudding 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Homemade English Toffee 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken and Potatoes 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Cowboy Cornbread 4.2/5 (60 Votes)
- Two-Ingredient Lemon Bars 4.5/5 (34 Votes)