Farm in a Blanket
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 (8-ounce) tube crescent rolls (recommended: Pillsbury)
- 12 slices (about 3 ounces) provolone
- 12 slices (6 ounces) Genoa or other salami
- 1 tablespoon black poppy seeds
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a medium saute pan over medium heat add the oil and saute onions and raisins until both are tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Roll out 6 of the crescent pastry rolls and slice in half forming 2 triangles and 12 pieces total. To assemble, place a piece of salami and cheese on 1 triangle. Add a dollop of the onion mixture in the center.
Starting at the wider edge, roll the crescent triangle to form a small croissant. Place seam side down on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Sprinkle poppy seeds over each roll and bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.