Crunchy Catfish Tacos with Chipotle Mayonnaise and Apple Slaw
These Crunchy Catfish Tacos made with Chipotle Mayonnaise and Apple Slaw create complex flavors to this delicious dish!
- APPLE SLAW:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 cups Japanese bread crumbs (panko)
- 4 (6 ounce) catfish fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) package flour tortillas
- 1 (10 ounce) bag angel hair coleslaw mix
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Adapted from louisianacookin.com
In the work bowl of a food processor, combine mayonnaise, honey, lime juice, and chipotle in adobo. Pulse until smooth.
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 200° fahrenheit.
In a large Dutch oven or other heavy-bottomed pot, pour oil to a depth of 4 inches, and heat over medium-high heat until it reaches 375° fahrenheit on a deep-fry thermometer.
In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Whisk in club soda and hot sauce until smooth. To a separate shallow dish, add bread crumbs.
Dip catfish pieces in batter, allowing excess to drip off ; coat in bread crumbs.
Fry fish, in batches, until brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer fish to a paper towel-lined baking sheet to drain, and keep warm in oven.
Spray both sides of tortillas with nonstick cooking spray. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook tortillas until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
To assemble tacos, spread tortillas with mayonnaise mixture, and top with fish pieces and Apple Slaw. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes Recipe 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Mini Lemon Meringue Pies 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Orange Pineapple Pretzel Salad 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Crab Dip Stuffed Bacon Cups 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Best Ever Tuna Noodle Casserole 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
- Fried Ravioli with Crawfish Cream... 3.9/5 (24 Votes)
- Crab Stuffed Catfish 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Crisp Catfish with Apple-Celery... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)