- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon white flour
- 1 1/2 lbs (2 large breasts) chicken cutlets
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons diced shallots (or little onion and garlic)
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- I also took about 1 tablespoon of the chicken broth and mixed in about 2 teaspoons of cornstarch to thicken up the sauce a little bit
In a shallow bowl, combine flours, salt and pepper. Dredge chicken through flour mixture and set aside.
In a large frying pan add a small amount of coconut oil and saute chicken pieces until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside to keep warm.
Add mushrooms and shallots to pan and cook 1-2 minutes. Add wine to pan and reduce to a glaze; scraping up any loose brown bits from bottom of pan. Add cornstarch mixture after wine is almost all reduced.
Add broth and parsley to pan. Add chicken and serve.