Gratineed Tomatoes with Asiago and Fresh Herbs
- 3 medium beefsteak tomatoes; sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grate Asiago cheese
- 1 Tbs fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Position a rack 6 inches from the broiler element and heat the broiler on high. Arrange tomato slices in a 10X12-inch broiler-safe baking dish in a single, slightly overlapping layer. Sprinkle tomatoes with Kosher salt.
In a small bowl, mix breadcrumbs, Asiago cheese, parsley, thyme, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Sprinkle evenly over the tomatoes. Broil until the breadcrumbs are deep golden-brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Drizzle with more oive oil and serve.