slow cooker brunch casserole
- cooking spray
- 6 slices bacon, or more to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray.
Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels and crumble.
Spray a skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat; cook and stir onion, red bell pepper, and garlic until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Stir potatoes into onion mixture. Spoon 1/3 the potato mixture into the slow cooker; add 1/3 the bacon and 1/3 the Cheddar cheese. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients, ending with cheese.
Whisk eggs, milk, dill, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; pour over ingredients in slow cooker.
Cook on Low, 8 to 10 hours.