Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cupcakes
- For the cupcakes:
- 1/4cup1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4cup3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 11 eggs
- 1cup1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4cup1/4 cup dark chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4tsp1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4cup1/4 cup brewed coffee, strong
- 1/4cup1/4 cup buttermilk
- For the frosting:
- 1/2cup1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4oz4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1tsp1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5cup5 cup powdered sugar
- 2Tbsp2 Tbsp milk
- 1 1/2cup1 1/2 cup mini chocolate morsels, divided
Adapted from shugarysweets.com
For the cupcakes:
1. Mix flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Mix brewed coffee and milk. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar for 5 minutes until fluffy. Add egg. Slowly add in dry ingredients, alternating with milk mixture (in about 3 additions).
4. Pour into lined cupcake pans and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-18 minutes. Remove and cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting:
5. Beat butter and cream cheese for 3 minutes until fluffy. Add in vanilla, powdered sugar and milk and beat an additional 3-5 minutes. Fold in 1 1/4 cup mini chocolate morsels. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Sprinkle with remaining morsels if desired.