Chili with Corn Dumplings
Here’s an easy winter warm-me-up meal. The flavorful corn dumplings cook right on top of the simmering chili.
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15.25 oz) Green Giant® whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (16 oz) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 1/3 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, if desired
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 49mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Cook beef and onion in Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Reserve 1/2 cup of the corn. Stir remaining corn with liquid, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder and pepper sauce into beef mixture. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Mix Bisquick mix and cornmeal. Stir in milk, cilantro and reserved 1/2 cup corn just until moistened.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto simmering chili. Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or until dumplings are dry.