Mini Turkey Tacos
These mildly spiced mini taco cups are great for kids or an appetizer. Looking for a little more spice for the grownups? Add sliced jalapenos or hot sauce on top for some more kick!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 package large flour tortillas
- Oil, for brushing muffin tins
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Lettuce, shredded
- Green onions, chopped, for serving
- Avocado, diced, for serving
- Tomato, diced, for serving
- Olives, sliced, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Heat skillet or large fry pan over medium heat. Add olive oil. When olive oil is hot, add ground turkey. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until meat starts to brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add onion, garlic, red pepper, cumin and chili powder and cook until veggies are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and lime juice. Cook until most of liquid has evaporated, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush 2 standard muffin tins with oil.
With 3 1/2-inch to 4-inch cookie cutters, cut flour tortillas into rounds. (You can save any tortilla scraps and fry them and use them as a crispy garnish for soups or salads.)
Fit tortilla rounds into muffin cups. Spoon turkey filling into tortilla shells. Sprinkle evenly with grated cheese. Bake until cheese melts and tortilla shells are golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
Serve with toppings as desired, such as shredded lettuce, diced avocado, diced tomato, sliced olives and/or sour cream.
You'll also love
- Blueberry, Oatmeal & Flaxseed... 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Kiolbassa Crockpot Quinoa, Sausage... 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic, Cannellini Bean &... 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Glazed Doughnuts 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Conch Fritters with Caribbean... 3.9/5 (28 Votes)
- Tequila & Lime Turkey Chili 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Liz's turkey pita sandwich 4.3/5 (7 Votes)