Black Bean Salsa Chili
- 2 (15-ounce) cans balck beans, rinsed, drained and divided
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- Cooking Spray
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 sweet hickery-smoked bacon slices, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups mild salsa
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 Tsp fresh lime juice
1. Combine 1 1/2 cups beans, 2/3 cups water, and sugar in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine bean puree and remaining beans in a bowl.
2. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. coat pan with cooking spray. Add turkey; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove turkey from pan.
3. Add onion, and bacon to pan; cook 5 minutes or until bacon and onion slightly browned. Return turkey to pan. Add chili powder, cumin and oregano to pan; stir well to coat. Stir in bean mixture, salsa, tomato paste, and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Combine sour cream, and juice in a small bowl. Serve chili with sour cream mixture.