Sweet Potato Pie VII
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Adapted from bing.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix together mashed sweet potatoes, butter and eggs. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, flour and salt. Mix in spices if desired. Add to sweet potato mixture and stir well.
Mix together buttermilk and baking soda. Add to sweet potato mixture and stir well Mix in vanilla extract. Pour filling into pastry shell.
Bake in preheated oven for 70 minutes, until set in center.