Creamy Seafood Pasta
8 servings (1 1/4 cups each)
NUTRITION INFORMATION: 1 Serving: Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 130mg; Sodium 740mg; Total Carbohydrate 55g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 4g); Protein 27g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 15%; Iron 30% Exchanges: 3 1/2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 2 Very Lean Meat; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 3 1/2 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- 16 oz uncooked linguine
- 1 can (18.5 oz) Progresso® Traditional New England clam chowder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb uncooked peeled deveined large shrimp, tails peeled
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (3 cups)
- 4 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste, if desired
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz), if desired
1.In 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven, cook linguine as directed on package. Drain well; return to Dutch oven and cover to keep warm.
2.Meanwhile, in blender, place clam chowder, milk, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and the garlic; blend on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
3.In 12-inch nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp, mushrooms and onions; cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until shrimp turn pink.
4.Stir in pepper flakes and soup mixture; cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste.5.Pour over cooked linguine in Dutch oven; toss gently to coat. Top individual servings with Parmesan cheese