Surf and Turf Stir Fry
Shrimp and lean beef make this a sea and land favorite.
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 pound lean beef steak, sliced the same size as the shrimp
- 3/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 pound sugar snap peas
- 1 head baby bok choy
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Combine shrimp, ginger, cayenne pepper, garlic, sesame seeds and black pepper in a large plastic food storage bag. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator.
Heat sesame oil in a large wok or skillet and sear beef, add red bell pepper and saute 3 to 4 minutes to soften slightly Add teriyaki sauce. Add peas and shrimp with seasoning; saute 4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Add water chestnuts stir an additional 2 minutes add thick parts of bok choy and stir 2 minutes.
Stir cornstarch into chicken broth and add to wok; cook, stirring until mixture boils ad bok choy greens, stir 1 minute. Sprinkle with salt. Spoon shrimp mixture over rice.