Israeli Couscous with Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cups Israeli or pearl couscous
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts leaves (from 8 ounces Brussels sprouts)
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Adapted from marthastewart.com
1. Bring water and 1 tsp. salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add couscous, and simmer, covered, until tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp. oil in a medium high-sided skillet over high heat. Cook Brussels sprouts leaves until tender and lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Stir Brussels sprouts leaves into couscous. Stir in remaining tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.