Peanut Butter Football Cereal Treats
- 1 10-to 11.5 oz box crispy brown rice cereal (7 cups; we used Erewhon)
- 2/3 cup natural creamy reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting. for decorating
1. Line a 15 x 10-in jelly roll baking pan with nonstick foil, leaving an overhang on two sides. Place the cereal in a large bowl.
2. In a saucepan, combine the peanut butter and honey; simmer, stirring constantly, for 1 minute; stir in vanilla. Immediately transfer to the bowl of cereal and mix well to combine.
3. Lightly coat a spatula with cooking spray and press the cereal mixture into the prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm, 1 hour.
4. Holding foil by the ends, lift and transfer the cereal square to a cutting board. If desired, cut out shapes using a 3-in. football-shaped cutter. Place the icing in a psatry bag fitted with a small round decorating tip and decorate like a football. Alternatively, cut into bars.