Minted Lemon-Lime Watermelon Agua Fresca
Sweet, tangy, and absolutely thirst quenching, this beverage is one the whole family can enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp. grated lime rind
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon rind
- 12 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1. Combine 1 1/4 cups water and sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 30 seconds or until sugas dissolves, stirring frequently
2. Remove from heat; stir in mint, lime rind, and lemon rind. Let stand 20 minutes. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve over a bowl, discard solids.
3. Place 1/3 each of sugar syrup and watermelon in blender; process until smooth. Pour puree into a larger pitcher.Repeat this twice with remaining sugar syrup and atermelon. Stir in lime and lemon juice. serve on ice or refridgerate until ready to serve. Stir before serving.