Mushroom Stuffed Zucchini
A delicious meatless main dish."
- 3 zucchini, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
1.Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil, and cook the zucchini whole until they start to become tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the zucchini, and set aside to cool. Once cool, slice the zucchini in half lengthwise, and scoop out the center flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch thick shell around the entire zucchini. Chop the scooped-out zucchini flesh.
2.Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the mushrooms and sweet red pepper until tender and the mushrooms release their juice, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour and oregano, then stir in the reserved chopped zucchini flesh and Monterey Jack cheese. Heat the mixture until the cheese is melted and the filling is hot. Stuff the filling into the hollowed-out zucchini; sprinkle each with about 3/4 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
3.Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
4.Broil the zucchini until the filling is bubbling and the cheese is browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
Cook's Note Stuffed zucchini may be assembled, covered and refrigerated up to 4 hours in advance. Broil for 5 to 7 minutes instead of 3 to 5.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 284 | Total Fat: 21.4g | Cholesterol: 60mg
You'll also love
- Pesto Spinach Lasagna 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SHRIMP EGG DROP SOUP 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SLOW COOKER FRENCH ONION SOUP 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chiffon Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Yellow Squash Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Spice Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Zucchini and Tomato Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini with Porcini Mushrooms... 0/5 (0 Votes)