Crockpot Jambalaya Recipe
- How to Make Your Own Cajun Seasoning (from Emeril!):
- 5 c. chicken stock.
- 4 peppers – any color you want, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large can of organic diced tomatoes (leave the juice)
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bay leafs
- 1 lb large shrimp, raw and de-veined.
- 4 oz. chicken, diced
- 1 pkg spicy Andouille sausage
- 1/2-1 head of cauliflower
- 2 c. okra (optional)
- 3 tbsp Cajun Seasoning* (see below for how-to or use your own)
- 1/4 c. Frank’s Red Hot (or hot sauce of your choice)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Yields about 2/3 c.
Adapted from foodrenegade.com
1) Put the chopped peppers, onions, garlic, chicken, cajun seasoning, Red Hot, and bay leafs in the crockpot with the chicken stock. As you can see, I grabbed a container of my homemade stock directly from the freezer and threw it in. Set on low for 6 hours.
(Here it is almost melted! House already smelled amazing at this point!)
2) About 30 minutes before it’s finished, toss in the cut up sausages.
3) While this is cooking quickly make cauliflower rice by pulsing raw cauliflower in the food processor until it resembles rice.
4) For the last 20 minutes, add in the cauliflower rice and the raw shrimp. Note: You can choose to quickly steam the cauliflower rice in the microwave and serve the jambalayaOVERit as well.
5) Enjoy clear sinuses!!