Sweet Corn and Almond Chowder
A base of almonds makes this soup creamy, healthy and delicious!
- 3 1/4 cups fresh or cooked yellow corn kernels (from 4 large ears)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped cilantro or parsley leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
Adapted from rtheyallyours.blogspot.com
1. In a blender, combine 2 1/4 cups of the corn with the water, almonds, olive oil, garlic and salt and puree until smooth. If using a Vitamix, blend for a total of 5 minutes or until steaming. Otherwise, heat soup in a pot on medium heat.
2. Pour the soup into bowls. Garnish with the remaining 1 cup of corn kernels, the cilantro and a sprinkle of pepper, then serve.
MAKE AHEAD The corn chowder can be refrigerated overnight.