Chicken with Warm Bean Salsa
Weight Watchers 4 points
- 3/4 pound(s) Chicken, breast, raw, without skin & bone, four 3-oz pieces cut 1/4-inch think
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3 oz low-fat cheddar or colby cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 14 1/2 oz canned stewed tomatoes, Mexican-style
- 15 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat.
Sauté chicken until lightly browned, about 3 minutes, then sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper. Turn over and sauté until chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes longer. Sprinkle with all but 1 tablespoon of cheese.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring tomatoes and beans to a boil.
Serve chicken, topped with black bean salsa, remaining 1 tablespoon of cheese and cilantro.