Summer Squash, Oven-Roasted
This method of preparation really boost the flavors in the squash. Add some onion slices and tomatoes or peppers for a vegetable feast, as the flavors complement one another. Mix yellow squash and zucchini or other summer squash varieties.
Try other fresh herbs such as oregano and chives or minced garlic. Chopped red sweet bell pepper can be used in lieu of or in tandem with the tomatoes.
- 2 to 4 small to medium-sized zucchini or yellow squash varieties, sliced 1/4 to 3/8 inch thick.
- 1 small bulb of onion, sliced 1/8 inch thick (rings separated)
- 10-12 small grape or cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves and tender stems
- 1 to 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
Adjust oven rack to upper middle. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare squash, onion and tomatoes. Place prepared vegetables in a bowl and sprinkle with Thyme leaves, salt and pepper.
Toss with olive oil until vegetables, seasonings and oil are evenly distributed. Spread coated vegetables on parchment-covered baker's half sheet, turning tomatoes with cut sides up. Place in preheated oven and bake 35 to 40 minutes until vegetables begin to caramelize and brown.
Serve warm as a side dish or as cool additions to sandwiches.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Veggie Club Sandwich and Zucchini... 4.5/5 (151 Votes)