Balsamic Roasted Tomato Caprese Sandwich
- 4 ripe tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- drizzle of olive oil
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 handful basil leaves
- crusty bread, sliced into 1/2 inch slices (I used fresh sourdough from a local bakery)
Adapted from lusciouskitchen.com
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet, cut side facing up.
3. Sprinkle with the garlic, salt & pepper, and drizzle with the oil and vinegar.
4. Roast the tomatoes in oven for one hour.
5. Toast the bread slices until nice and crunchy.
6. Let the tomatoes cool, and assemble the sandwich.