Fall Pumpkin Pie Spiced Buttercream Cupcakes
Festive pumpkin spiced pumpkin cupcakes with a delicious buttercream frosting - the acorn decorations make it a great treat to bring to a work or school party!
- ACORN DECORATIONS:
- 1 box mini sized Nilla Wafers
- 1 bag chocolate kisses
- 1 bag semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 container buttercream frosting
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 package pumpkin pie instant pudding
- BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 2 sticks room temperature butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 container French Vanilla coffee creamer
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
TO ASSEMBLE THE ACORNS:
Put a dab of the frosting on the bottom of the kiss and stick onto the bottom of the Nilla Wafer. Then put a dab of frosting on the bottom of a mini chocolate chip and stick on the top of the Nilla Wafer (using a toothpick works well). Allow time for frosting to harden so it holds together well.
FOR THE CUPCAKES:
Bake the cupcakes according to package directions. When cool, cut out the middle of the cupcakes. Make pudding according to package directions. Spoon the pudding into the middle of the cupcakes.
FOR THE FROSTING:
In your mixer- beat your 2 sticks of room temperature butter. (Do not soften it in the microwave you will not get very good buttercream).
Add in 2 cups of powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice. Mix well. Add in 1 tablespoon of the creamer and 2 more cups of powder sugar. Mix very well. If your buttercream is too thick you can slowly add in a few more 1/2 teaspoons of creamer at a time till you get the consistency you want.
Pipe onto the cupcakes and top with acorn decoration.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Pie Cake 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Easy Greek Salad 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Cauliflower Soup 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Peekaboo Pumpkin Pound Cake with... 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Irish Soda Bread 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Peach & Blueberry Cobbler 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Valentine's Day Cupcakes 4.6/5 (24 Votes)