Chili's Black Bean Soup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 quarts canned black beans not drained
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 ounces smoked sausage cut small dice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
In a medium stock pot, place the olive oil, onion, carrot, and bell pepper. Sauté the vegetables until they are tender. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil, add the bouillon cubes, and allow to dissolve.
Add the bouillon, cooked beans, and the remaining ingredients (except cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water) to sautéed vegetables. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook approximately 15 minutes.
In a blender, puree 1 quart of the soup, and put back into the pot.
In a separate bowl, combine the cornstarch and 2 tablespoon water. Add the cornstarch mix to the soup and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Serve with cornbread, white rice, or your favorite side dish.
This recipe yields ?? servings.