Golden Austrian Cauliflower Cream Soup
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 3 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 2 leeks, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dr. Fuhrman's VegiZest (or other no-salt seasoning blend such as Mrs. Dash, adjusted to taste)
- 2 cups carrot juice
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup raw cashews or 1/2 cup raw cashew butter
- 5 cups chopped kale leaves or baby spinach
Preparation time 30mins
Adapted from drfuhrman.com
Place all the ingredients except the cashews and kale in a pot. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender. Steam the kale until tender. If you are using spinach there is no need to steam it; it will wilt in the hot soup.
In a food processor or high-powered blender, blend two-thirds of the soup liquid and vegetables with the cashews until smooth and creamy. Return to the pot and stir in the steamed kale (or raw spinach).