- 1/4 c finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 6 c cold mashed potatoes
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 stk melted butter
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 c frozen spinach, drained and chopped
- 6 slc american cheese, broken up in little pieces
- 3/4 c shredded cheddar
- 1/4 c shredded mozzerella
- 2 to 3 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp italian parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
1. sautee onions and garlic in 1 T of butter, set aside
2. mix potatoes with egg yolks, then add the melted butter,flour, spinach, cheeses and salt and pepper and parsley. add sautee onion mixture.
3. on greased and floured cookie sheet, make golf ball sized balls and press them ito patties
4. sprinkle with paprika and extra parmesan cheese, more salt and pepper if you like
5. bake at 425 for half an hour to 45 minutes. the cheeses should be turning brown on top and the potatoes should begin to become golden.
6. we've also made this spreading it across the entire cookie sheet and then cutting it into wedges.
7. ***NOTE*** sometimes I add leftovers from the fridge, like chopped green pepper to the sautee, or diced ham or crumbled bacon