- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Dutch-process black cocoa
- 1/4 cup Dutch-process or natural cocoa
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the sugar, eggs, melted butter, vegetable oil and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients (carefully -- as you know, cocoa tends to form a dark cloud over the mixer if you're not gentle), stirring until everything is well-combined.
Scrape the batter into a lightly greased 9 x 9-inch pan, and bake the brownies in a preheated 350°F oven for about 35 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the brownies to cool in the pan until they're just barely warm before cutting. Yield: about 16 delightful brownies.