Pomegranate Blueberry and Goat Cheese Crostini
- Ingredients for fruit:
- 1/2cup1/2 cup of pomegranate juice
- 2cups2 cups of frozen blueberries
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4cup1/4 cup of sugar
- 1Tablespoon1 Tablespoon of honey
- pinchpinch of cinnamon
- seeds from 1/2 pomegranate
- For serving:
- 11 baguette, sliced into 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices and toasted
- log of softened goat cheese
- honey for drizzling
Adapted from jellytoastblog.com
1. Place pomegranate juice, blueberries, lemon juice, sugar, honey and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until fruit is softened and mixture is thick and syrupy, about 10 minutes.
2. Allow fruit to cool slightly. Stir in pomegranate seeds. Mixture can be served warm or at room temp.
3. To serve: Spread toasted baguette slices with softened goat cheese. Top with teaspoon of fruit mixture and drizzle with honey. Serve warm or room temp.